Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lots to report... so little time!






Joseph donated two sewing machines.





Jayne Lomax(left) donated $200 toward buying fabric for making hammocks in Uganda which will be given to orphans. Instead of giving gifts this Christmas, Jayne gave cards with photos and information about Stitch Uganda, stating that she was giving hammocks to homeless children on their behave. When we make the hammocks and give them to the kids in the spring, I'll send photos back to Jayne, who will forward them to her friends and realitives.

Patricia Aubin bought a silk blouse from the collection Danny the Traveling Piano Man donated, which I shipped off to her in BC to give as a Christmas gift.

Steve at Cyber Solutions recovered all the information off my computer, including my photos from Uganda, which could have been lost when I put my laptop on a large speaker at the Evolve music festival, which ruined the hardrive.

The Scope, a weekly newspaper in St. John's, Nfld, is featuring Action Hero Hammocks in "Store Front" section this week. Hammocks are being sold at Hempware and Living Planet in St.John's.

CBC raido Saint John will talk to me live this Thursday morning about the sewing workshop at Forest Hills School Thursday night 5-9pm and the Vaudeville fashion show December 27th at Akhord, 9pm-2am.

New web page for Stitch Uganda on the Action Hero Network site: http://www.actionheronetwork.net/uganda.html

Last night, I posted photos of the hoodies I'm selling and asking people to give me ideas to create one-of-a-kind custom designs: http://www.actionheronetwork.net/clothing.html

New hammocks for sale: http://www.actionheronetwork.net/hammocks.html


No comments: